26 March 2012

Week 12: Baking

About five years ago I discovered that I had a knack for making yummy, crumbly, shortbread biscuits (you can see my recipe here). What started as a "it might be nice to make some shortbread for Christmas" type of thing, became a little ritual I did a week or so before Christmas.

"Popette's" and my star biscuits
Last year was the first year I didn't get to bake my shortbread. Having a newborn and toddler to look after was still new to me, so I didn't find the time to make it. I was amazed of how much I missed being in the kitchen and spending that time baking those yummy buttery creations.

Watching shows like "MasterChef" and "My Kitchen Rules" has got me spending even more time in the kitchen baking cakes, biscuits, muffins, cupcakes and banana bread for catch-ups with Mums group, morning or afternoon tea with my parents or just for the 3 of us....but not every week otherwise I would be the size of a house!

I really enjoyed spending time with "Popette" in the kitchen last week making the "Shortbread Star Biscuits" and watching the enjoyment on her face in cutting out the biscuits, and later eating one of her creations.

I am grateful that baking allows me to make something out of a few cups of ingredients, which brings
delight to whoever is eating it (maybe not all the time...think of rock salt in Banana Bread...not good!)

What do you love to bake?

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing quite like the joy of bringing something homemade to an event. I like to make cupcakes and muffins for morning teas, or a slice. x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)