01 June 2012

Week 22: Grateful for bed

This week I wasn't really sure what I would write for my gratitude entry. It's been a long, hard, tiring week. I've been battling the dreaded cold/flu lurgy, which has been visiting our home quite a lot lately.



 



Everyone I know seems to be suffering the same thing, runny nose, persistent cough and soar throat. I'm so over cold & flu season...and its only just begun.

My poor Hubby has been sleeping on the sofa bed out in the lounge room for the past week, so not to catch it from me. Fingers crossed, he's okay, but now my little monkey's are starting to show signs of a cold. Just when I thought they had gotten over it for a while, it's knocked them back down
again. So unfair.

The last few mornings I've been feeling dreadful. When I wake up I can hardly talk as I've been coughing all night, leaving my voice hoarse. By the end of the day it gets so husky from talking (or yelling too much at "Popette") that I nearly lose it. 

So this week I am grateful for bed where I take comfort in the warmth of my flanny sheets, and can curl up in my blanket and doona. It's been nice having the bed all to myself...but it will be much more cosier when I have Hubby back in it with me.

15 comments:

  1. Love a warm bed in winter! But I do hope next week you're grateful for feeling healthy! Hope you're feeling better asap xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lurgy time of year is the worst - enjoy our bed and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my bed too - hope you and your monkeys at at your best soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flanny sheets and a comfy bed heal all manner of things. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor you! I hope you're on the mend, Julie. Love to you. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie,
    Sorry to hear about you're not well. I dread the season of colds and flus too. Our family's just been through a run of colds as well. It really makes life so hard with little ones. I also find it so hard to hear them cough!
    Anyway, hope you can get lots of bed rest and that your hubby can rejoin you soon!
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. if only i could be in bed a little longer to try and fight my sore throat! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love your flanny sheets. I love my lecky blanket too :) Hope you're feeling better x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)