08 June 2012

Week 23: Grateful for Support

Being a Mum can be hard work, even harder when your not feeling 100%. Looking after my two littlies these past couple weeks has been rough, if it wasn't for the help of my Hubby I don't know how I would have coped.


 


Some mornings I have struggled to get out of bed as I've spent half the night awake from coughing.

"Cherub" has been waking at odd hours for bottles or "Popette's" coughing has been waking her up or "Popette" has woken up.

I haven't been able to get up to them, so poor Hubby, who has been sleeping in the lounge room these past couple weeks, has been doing it all by himself.

And now he is starting to get the dreaded lurgy :(

Over the past couple of weeks, he's worked from home a couple times or started late so he can help me out in the morning so I can rest a bit longer. He's dropped "Popette" off to daycare or picked her up, so I didn't have to leave the warmth of the house, as well as kept the logfire going in the morning so I woke to a warm house.

I've been very lucky that his work hours are flexible and he is able to work from home. I don't think I would be feeling as well as I am now or had the chance to get the rest I needed if he wasn't there to support me.

I guess there are times when I don't realise how lucky I am or how much he actually does for me or the girls. This week I am grateful for his support, not just for the last couple weeks but for all that he does for us.

What are you grateful for this week?

14 comments:

  1. Wow, what beautiful support you have! Rest really is the best medicine. Glad to hear you are on the mend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you have been looked after. It can be so hard for mums to get well if they can't get some respite. Well done that hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always grateful for that support anmd feel blessed. I am always in shock when i hear from women who have husbands who do nothing to support the home or pick up slack when needed. We are all a team and I appreciate them. Hope you feel better soon - the cough is here too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb :)

      I know so many women who tell me their partners/husbands don't help out, and think I'm really lucky that my husband does. I know I am, but I find it strange that they don't ask their partners/husbands to help them out.

      Delete
    2. I agree with Deb. Fathers are parents too, and should be expected to contribute time and energy at home. It's sad that so many don't, and amazing how many are looked at as saints because they do!

      Delete
    3. I know what you mean Lisa. I feel very lucky that my Hubby helps me out, and feel so cautious when talking to friends whose husbands don't help as I don't want them to think I'm bragging about my husband. I feel sorry for them in that they have to do it all on their own.

      Delete
  4. lovely post! Aren't those things like dropping off the kids to school or day care invaluable? Your hubby sounds fabulous! Hope you all get better soon! Cheers, Mez

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi! just wanted to stop by and say hello! I'm your newest follower and i found you through the 52 weeks of grateful which i am doing as well but i'm doing all vlogs! (videos!) which i thought would be fun! anyways, great post, I think it's wonderful to see what everyone is thankful for cause it just makes me that much more thankful/grateful myself, so thank you!! have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda! Thanks for dropping by. I'll have to catch up on your blog and check out your vlogs.

      Writing a grateful post each week has definately made me think more about the things I am grateful for in my life.

      You have a great week too!

      Delete
  6. The lurgies seem rife through the blogging community, just as well we're not sharing them. Thanks goodness for having a helper, I don't know how single parents do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just think we are only a couple weeks into Winter too!! I don't know how single parents do it either, its hard enough sharing the load, I couldn't imagine what it would be like looking after my girls all on my own.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)