23 November 2012

Week 46: I am grateful even if my life isn't perfect

I saw this image on Facebook, which reminded me that my life isn't perfect. I think I put too much pressure on myself and forget that I'm only human. Like when I've had a bad day (or two) with the kids, I forget that it's okay if they play on their own for a while or watch TV while I get some stuff done or just have a break. That I don't need to be spending all my time playing with them.

Or if I don't get all the housework done in one day (which has been a constant struggle for me this year) it's okay, and not to beat myself up about it.


Image source: Paying It Forward - One Day at a Time Facebook page 

I've had a crap couple of weeks. Last Tuesday I got a parking fine for being in a spot longer than an hour. It was in the Council carpark, which is where I park each week when I take "Popette" to music class. I park there all the time and have on occassions been there longer than an hour, and not got caught, but this day the rangers just happened to check my spot 5 minutes before I arrived back at the car, and fined me. I was not a happy camper!

Then this week (just happened to be on Tuesday again!) my mobile phone got stolen at the shopping centre. It was a HTC Sensation smart phone, which Hubby bought me for Xmas last year. I was lucky that I had downloaded all of the photo's (1400+) I had on it on to my computer the night before, but I was so annoyed at myself for not being more cautious. I was distracted by the girls and wasn't paying enough attention at the people sitting next to me, who swiped my phone. The security camera caught footage of the person taking my phone and making his way to the train station, so I hope he gets caught.

While it was stupid of me not to be more cautious with my belongings, or to take more notice of how long I've been away from the parking spot, it goes to show I am not perfect.

I guess I have a picture in my mind of what I should be like, you know the perfect housewife/Mother/Wife etc, where I have everything done perfectly. It's taking some time, but I'm slowly coming to the realisation that I don't have to be perfect.

So this week I am:
  • Grateful, even if my life isn't perfect.
  • I am grateful to have the money to pay for the parking fine.
  • I am grateful to have stored all the photo's I had on my phone to a SD card.
  • I am grateful that while my phone was stolen my two girls and I were safe.

What are you grateful for?

I am linking up with Maxabella Loves over at Kidspot Village Voices.

4 comments:

  1. Today I am grateful for sleep. I didn't get enough this week, but I know I get a mini sleep in tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like that image - that really does say it all. And I hope the lowlife who stole your phone is caught - I can't believe the gall of some people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can see how those things can get you down. But good for you for seeing the positives and being grateful.
    I hope things will start to look up! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Cheeky buggas! I will be more careful with mine from now on. So lucky that you had downloaded all your photos, that would break my heart most. Then the loss of constant access to social media would break my heart again :P I hope they catch the thief.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)