13 February 2015

Being grateful - for being home

Lately I have been contemplating returning to work. Its not because I miss it (not at all), or because I am sick of spending time with Cherub (she is a joy), I guess I feel now that Cherub is going to preschool 2 days a week I should be working or doing something to bring some money into the household to help pay for the girls activities and preschool fees (oh my goodness I can't believe how expensive it is when you pay by the term!).

The thought of returning to work actually scares me a little. I am so unsure of what I want to do. I feel as though all the knowledge and skills I once had at the top of my head will no longer be there, and the only stuff I'll remember is what channel "Tom & Jerry" is on!

Free graphic sourced

Being home for the past 6 years has changed me, and my thoughts on what I want to be doing with my days. I so wish I could be "lady of leisure" and get paid for it!

I am so grateful to have spent these past 6 years at home raising my two girls. I know I am very fortunate to be able to spend such a long time away from my career, and be home to see them develop and grow into the little people that they are today. They are such sweet sweet girls (even when they are fighting and screaming at each other!).

Popette has been having a rough time settling in to Year 1, so I am grateful that I can be there for her in the morning, rather than dropping her off at before school care where she'd be upset and all alone.

I am also grateful that Cherub is loving her preschool, and eager to leave me and go and play. I do miss being around her, but know its important for her and that she will thrive there.

What are you grateful for today?

4 comments:

  1. I totally understand why you are grateful for this time at home hun. I am grateful for being able to work form home which means I can be there when my kids get home from school xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this gorgeous post. I feel the same about feeling the need to contribute more financially to the family. I'm hoping I can continue to work at home, but I think there are also advantages to go out to work too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Cybele, its good to know I'm not the only one feeling this way. I'm glad you enjoyed the post. x

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)