03 May 2016

Craft: Paper plate flowers for Mothers day

I'm finding it hard to believe that we are in the 2nd week of Term 2, and Mothers day is this weekend! Where is this year going?

Cherub was very happy to return to preschool this week, although I could have sent her last week, but silly Mummy didn't realise they were open! Oh well, she's enjoying being back with her friends this week, as is Popette who has formed a 'Spy Club' with a small group of friends. And seeming happy :)




Over the holidays we made some flowers out of paper plates which I thought I'd share on the blog, as they are so colourful and would make a lovely craft gift for the Mums and Grandmothers' on Mother's day.

All you need is:

Paper plates
Scissors
Pencil
Paints, water and paintbrushes
Stickers, sparkles, glitter for decorations
Pipe cleaners for a stem

To make a flower first draw a flower shape on a paper plate. It can have as many or as little petals as you like.

If you want to be like Cherub you could make a single flower, which she then just painted (she was happy with it even though its unfinished, I just wanted her to keep painting it!)

Cherub's flower

Popette decided that she wanted to have a flower with three layers. So after cutting the first flower, we made two more flowers which were cut smaller than the previous one, and had different petal shapes to make it look like an open flower.



I think her colours are beautiful!

Popette finished her flower by adding some butterfly stickers! You could add a green pipecleaner to the back, so it looks like a stem, or glitter to add some sparkle!

Suitable age group: 2+ yrs (littlies may need a hand cutting out the flowers)
Estimated setup time: 5-10 mins
Messiness factor: medium

10 comments:

  1. I don't even think my craft skills would stand up to this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea! I wish you ran kids craft classes near me julie!! My kids would love it! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! I love it! I am definitely gonna be having a go of this with the girls (although I think we've missed the boat for Mother's Day!
    #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how there are so many things you can make with paper plates - these flowers are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace, yeah I can't believe how many craft ideas you can come up with a paper plate...they are so versatile! :)

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)