08 January 2018

Selecting a guiding word for 2018

Hi, Happy New Year! I hope you've had a wonderful Christmas & enjoying a lovely break. We have had a nice break thus far catching up with family & friends over the Christmas/New Year period, and had fun celebrating our birthdays. Hubby has returned to work for a couple weeks, so the girls and I are currently relaxing in the air-conditioning (it was so hot here yesterday, it got up to 43.2!) and will be planning some catch ups with friends, and activities we can do until Hubby goes back on holidays at the end of the month. 

Cherub enjoying the sparklers on NYE - photo taken with my new birthday present

For the past few years, I have been choosing a word to guide me throughout the year. Last year my word was "Nourish" which felt appropriate for the time, but this year I have been a little unsure on the word I was going to choose.


I have had the word STRENGTH/BE STRONG pop up in mind, and know I need to focus on getting myself healthy & fit this year, along with becoming more mindful with how I think and react, so I set a good example to my girls and also be a healthy and happy Mumma. 

Lately I have been struggling a little with negative thoughts of not being good enough as a Mum & Wife, and letting other people's opinions (and nasty comments) get to me, so I guess in a way STRENGTH is something I need to focus on, but I think I am leaning more to FOCUS - focus on myself & my needs, focus my thoughts/thinking so other people's behaviour & comments don't have control over me, focus on my family, focus on my health & fitness etc.

Have you selected a guiding word for this year? What did you decide on? What is your intention for the year?

May 2018 bring you much love, happiness and success! xx

10 comments:

  1. When I was tossing around suggestions for word of the year my husband suggested 2: What's Important? I didn't go with it, but very nearly did for the reasons you mention re focus. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided on Focus after writing my business plans, my lists, my intentions and finally what became clear in the end is that if I want any of it to come to fruition, I need to focus. Focus on me and what matters. It looks like, we have that in common. Haha. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray!! Yes, that's the same reasons I went for Focus! Happy New Year Melissa :)

      Delete
  3. I didn't have a word or theme picked for this year. But the more of these sorts of posts I read, the more I am thinking about it. It doesn't hurt to have some goals or aspirations set for the year, and I am thinking I am wanting to be more CONNECTED, in my community, at work and to my own needs and health :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's really interesting just to begin thinking about a word or intention because it 'makes us consider what we want to be different'. Your choice sounds like a great plan. No more hot days for a while, hey? Gosh Sunday was the worst I know!! Take care. Denyse xx Thanks for linking up for #lifethisweek 2/52. Next week's optional prompt is My Favourite Weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denyse, its funny I didn't realise at the time, but I had chosen FOCUS as my word before...I guess I felt that I needed to adjust my focus this year :) Yes, thank goodness to no more hot days for a while :) xx

      Delete
  5. I like your approach with focus. Sorry to hear you have had nasty comments- that is terrible. Wishing you a fabulous 2018

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, I was thinking of Strength for a while there to help with the mental/emotional side of things, but I found Focus (even though I had chosen it another year) was going to guide me with all the things I have planned for the year. xx

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for popping by, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave your comment here :)